Check 2012 holidays for Tamilnadu government, India.
- General Holidays for the year 2012 – declared by the Tamilnadu Government.
- All Saturdays and Sundays are holidays in the year 2012.
- Under the “Explanation” to section 25 of the Negotiable Instruments Act,
1881 (Central Act XXVI of 1881) read with Notification of the Government of
India, Ministry of Home Affairs, No.20-25-26, Public-1, dated the 8th June,
1957, the Government of Tamil Nadu hereby declares, that in addition to
“Sundays” expressly defined as Public Holidays in the said “Explanation” the
following days shall be Public Holidays for the year 2012.
Find day and date of holidays like Maha Shivratri, Holi,Basava Jayanthi, Good Friday, Sri Krishnashtami, Id-Ul-Fitr, Ganesh Chaturthi, Mahatma Gandhi Jayanthi, Durga Puja Ashtami (Nabami)*Vijaya Dashami, Diwali, Christmas and many more.
|Tamil nadu – India – Holidays 2012|
|January||1||Sunday||English New Year|
|February||5**||Sunday||Milad-Un-Nabi ( Id-E-Milad )|
|March||23||Friday||Telugu New Year’s Day/Ugadi|
|April||2*||Monday||Annual Closing of Bank’s Accounts|
|April||14||Saturday||Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Birthday|
|September||8||Saturday||Sri Krishna Jayanthi|
|September||29*||Saturday||Half year closing day|
|October||2||Tuesday||Mahatma Gandhi Jayanthi|
|October||23||Tuesday||Durga Puja Ashtami (Nabami)*|
|October||27**||Saturday||Bakri Id ( Idul Zuha )|
- VISIT : State of Tamilnadu (India) – Public Holidays 2012
- * Applicable only to Commercial Banks and Co-operative Banks in
Share and Enjoy