Check Trinidad and Tobago Stock Exchange (TTSE) holidays for the calendar year 2017. Check 2017 holidays dates in Trinidad and Tobago for New Year’s Day, Carnival Monday, Carnival Tuesday, Spiritual Shouter Baptist Liberation Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Indian Arrival Day, Corpus Christi, Labor Day and Eid-ul-Fitr.
|2017 Trinidad and Tobago Stock Exchange Holidays|
|1||January||2||Monday||New Year’s Day (Observed)|
|4||March||30||Thursday||Spiritual Shouter Baptist Liberation Day|
|7||May||30||Tuesday||Indian Arrival Day|
1. At the discretion of the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, any other date may also be declared a public holiday.
2. Good Friday and Easter Monday are observed as public holidays in Trinidad and Tobago. However since they are determined by the Christian calendar, the date for each public holiday varies from year to year.
3. The Muslim festival of Eid ul Fitr and the Hindu Festival of Divali are observed as public holidays in Trinidad and Tobago. However, since they are determined by the respective Muslim and Hindu religious organizations, the calendar date for each public holiday varies from year to year. These dates are usually announced one to two weeks prior to their observance each year. Divali is usually celebrated in October or November of each year.
4. When a public holiday falls on a Sunday, the holiday will be observed on the Monday immediately following. When two public holidays fall on the same day, the following day is also given as a public holiday.
5. Most businesses are closed on Carnival Monday and Tuesday, even though these days are not public holidays.