Check 2014 bank holidays declared by Tamil Nadu government in India.
- Check Tamil Nadu 2014 bank holidays Calender.
- bank Holidays under Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 for the State Government Offices and all Commercial Banks including Co-operative Banks in Tamil Nadu for the year 2014.
- G.O.Ms.No.1310, bank (Misc) Department, dated 15.11.2013.
- Reserve Bank of India letter reference No. HRMD (Che)/1002/03.02.091/2013-14 dated 16.08.2013.
- Under the “Explanation” to section 25 of the Negotiable Instruments Act,1881 (Central Act XXVI of 1881) read with Notification of the Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs, No.20-25-26, bank-1, dated the 8th June, 1957, the Government of Tamil Nadu hereby declares, that in addition to “Sundays” expressly defined as bank Holidays in the said “Explanation” the following days shall be bank Holidays for the year 2014.
|Tamil Nadu (India) – Bank Holidays 2014|
|January||1||Wednesday||New Year Day|
|January||14||Tuesday||Pongal Festival and Milad-un-Nabi*|
|March||31||Monday||Telugu New Year’s Day/Ugadi|
|April||1||Tuesday||Annual Closing of Bank’s Accounts|
|April||14||Monday||Tamil New Year’s Day and Dr. B.R.Ambedkar’s Birthday|
|October||2||Thursday||Mahatma Gandhi Jayanthi and Ayutha Pooja|
|October||5||Sunday||Bakri Id ( Idul Zuha )*|
- * Subject to change the date depending on appearance of the moon.
- For more detail information visit : Tamil Nadu Government website.