Check the list of 2014 Holidays and Trading Sessions for Bursa Malaysia Stock Exchange.
- Check Bursa Malaysia Stock Exchange 2014 holidays calender.
- Bursa Malaysia will issue final announcements on public holiday and trading closure prior to the holidays.
- The non-trading days of the Exchange are in line with the national public holidays of Malaysia.
- Check day and date for holidays like New Year Day, Birthday of Prophet Muhammad, Thaipsussam, Chinese New Year, Federal Territory Day, Workers’ Day, Wesak Day, King’s Birthday, Hari Raya Puasa, National Day, Malaysia Day, Hari Raya Haji, Deepavali, Awal Muharram in year 2014 for Bursa Malaysia Stock Exchange.
|Bursa Malaysia Stock Exchange Holidays 2014|
|January||1||Wednesday||New Year Day|
|January||14||Tuesday||Birthday of Prophet Muhammad|
|January||30||Thursday||Chinese New Year Eve#|
|January||31||Friday||Chinese New Year|
|February||1||Saturday||Chinese New Year|
|February||1||Saturday||Federal Territory Day|
|July||28||Monday||Hari Raya Puasa (Eid-ul-Fitri) Eve|
|July||29||Tuesday||Hari Raya Puasa (Eid-ul-Fitri)|
|October||5||Sunday||Hari Raya Haji (Eid-ul-Adha)**|
|October||25||Saturday||Awal Muharram (Maal Hijrah)|
Information on Derivatives trading can be found here, such as trading procedures, sessions and circulars.
Trading is carried out in 2 sessions everyday from Mondays to Fridays (except on any day that has been gazetted as a public holiday in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur). The trading hours of each session are stipulated as follows:
|Trading Phases||Financial Futures||Non-Equity Financial Futures||Commodity Futures|
|Pre Opening||8.15 – 8.45||8.30 – 9.00||10.00 – 10.30|
|Trading||8.45 – 12.45||9.00 – 12.30||10.30 – 12.30|
|Intra Day Pause||12.45 – 14.00||12.30 – 14.00||12.30 – 14.30|
|Intra Day Pre-Open||14.00 – 14.30||14.30 – 14.30||14.30 – 15.00|
|Trading||14.30 – 17.15||14.30 – 17.00||15.00 – 18.00|
|End of Day||17.30||17.15||18.15|
- ** If a public holiday falls on Sunday, the following day shall be a public holiday, and if this day is already a holiday, then the next day shall be a public holiday.
- # Half day trading closure for the afternoon sessions on the eves of Hari Raya Puasa and Chinese New Year. However, the business hours for Clearing, Settlement & Depository remain the same. For trading hours, please refer to Equities & Derivatives pages.
- For more detail Visit : Bursa Malaysia Exchange.
- For Official Public Holidays in Malaysia visit Malaysian Holidays 2014.
- For Bank Holidays in Malaysia visit Bank Holidays 2014.