Check the list of 2012 holidays for NYSE (New York Stock Exchange).
Trading Hours –
- NYSE – The New York Stock Exchange, is open from Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.
- NYSE Arca – is also open from 4:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET and 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Euronext – The European markets of NYSE Euronext are open Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:30 CET, except on select holidays.
However the stock market does close for certain holidays and occasionally for other extraordinary events.
NYSE, NYSE Amex, NYSE Amex Options, NYSE Arca, NYSE Arca Options, NYSE Bonds and NYSE Liffe U.S. markets will observe U.S. holidays as listed below.
|January||2||Monday||New Year’s Day|
|January||16||Monday||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|February||20||Monday||Washington’s Birthday / Presidents Day|
- Washington’s Birthday was first declared a federal holiday by an 1879 act of Congress. The Monday Holiday Law, enacted in 1968, shifted the date of the commemoration of Washington’s Birthday from February 22 to the third Monday in February, but neither that law nor any subsequent law changed the name of the holiday from Washington’s Birthday to President’s Day. Although the third Monday in February has become popularly known as President’s Day, the NYSE’s designation of Washington’s Birthday as an Exchange holiday (Rule 51) follows the form of the federal holiday outlined above (section 6103(a) of title 5 of the United States Code).
- Each market will close early at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 3, 2012, Friday, November 23, 2012 (the day after Thanksgiving) and Monday, December 24, 2012. Crossing Session orders will be accepted beginning at 1:00 p.m. for continuous executions until 1:30 p.m. on this date.
For more detail visit –New York Stock Exchange
Visit – New York Stock Exchange Holidays 2013